An Environment Where Your Child Will Be Loved and Cherished
As the future members of society, it is our goal to help parents navigate the ups and downs of raising children in a loving environment. Being with their peers of all ages, just like a family, children learn from and teach each other many skills like empathy, caring and how to get along with other children.
At Peek-A-Boo! Family Child Care & Preschool, we strive to be your child's first school experience and stimulate their interest in life long learning.
Early childhood is a time for having fun and enjoying the “work” of being a child. This is best done through active and quiet play, both self-guided and educator-guided.
We firmly believe that children should have the joy of exploring the world around them and discovering who they are, what they are capable of as individuals, and what they can do with their peers. In order to accomplish these goals, we provide children with a safe, encouraging, and loving environment.
Our curriculum is both experience-based and learning environment-based. We sing, dance, do art, talk, problem solve, learn about shapes, numbers, and the alphabet, and a whole lot more every day. We also have active play, quieter play, and quiet/nap time daily. Additionally, we emphasize social and self-help skills.
Our group includes a variety of children of different ages and stages, so your child will experience a family-type environment, where the younger children learn skills from the older children, and the older children learn how to be compassionate and how to help the younger ones.
We use the ASQ-3 assessment system. Additionally, we currently use the Experience Early Learning educational program, along with other teaching tools, for preschool-aged children. All activities are developmentally appropriate for your child and presented in a manner that optimizes the natural learning curve of the individual and the class as a whole.
Peek-A-Boo! Family Child Care & Preschool is a fully licensed facility that complies with all of the rules and regulations set forth by the Department of Early Education and Care (EEC) of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
In accordance with the Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, the Peek-A-Boo! Family Child Care & Preschool is prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disabilities, parental marital status, or political beliefs.
Further, we encourage the enrollment of children and families from many diverse backgrounds. If you feel that we have not lived up to this promise and wish to file a complaint of discrimination, write to USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410. You can also call (800) 795-3272 or (202) 720-6382 (TTY). The USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
We operate a large family child care from 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM daily. Our week runs from Monday through Friday.
$15 an hour
as space allows
If we are going to raise our rates, we will give you a 30 days notice.
- Your weekly fee entitles you to the mutually agreed days and hours of care for your child whether they attend or not.
- When your child enters preschool part time and spends partial days at Peek-A-Boo! Family Child Care & Preschool, your fee stays the same. We cannot fill your child’s space because of school holidays and summer vacations when you will need childcare.
- We may take up to 5 paid sick days, 3 bereavement days and 2 professional development days as needed annually.
- We will close during bad weather or when other emergencies have been declared. Also, we will close and have delayed openings when the Northborough/Southborough school system does. These are separate from any other days described above and will be charged as a normal day.
- If you do not have a backup educator for when we are closed, please arrange one now. That can be a neighbor, a friend, a relative, a grandparent, or another child care provider.
- Fees cover all basic supplies and food. Parents of infants must supply diapers and formula. We will be providing baby food. Please label all items with your child’s first name. You are welcome to supply food for your child; please label this with name and contents.
- We use the KidKare to collect fees and take attendance. You will get an invoice to be paid weekly.
- A late fee of $1.00 per minute will be charged for children picked up after their scheduled time. Please be punctual.
Other important information:
These may vary. We will be providing you with the exact dates upon enrollment.
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Juneteenth Day
- Good Friday
- Patriot’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day After Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
- Day Before or After Christmas
- 2 Professional Development Days
- 3 Bereavement Days as Needed
The daycare will be closed 3 weeks per year for family vacations. We spread the vacations out so that you can plan yours for when we have ours. The exact dates are provided each January when you return your yearly renewal and updated enrollment form. Please let us know of your vacation and days off plans as soon as you know them. It changes the way we plan curriculum, meals, and activities.